Finding the right legal structure for your business takes careful planning and attention to detail. This is even more true when our businesses are SPCs, or Washington Social Purpose Companies, with more than just profits as the end goal.
This service covers an initial meeting with your lawyer to determine the what it will take to form your benefit company, in the way that works best for your business and your goals. During our meeting, we’ll ask key questions to first confirm that a benefit company really is the best business structure to help you reach your goals. Then, we’ll dive deeper to develop and define your plans, strategy, goals, and more. After our meeting, your lawyer will take the mountains of information he or she has gathered back to the office, and – this is where the real magic happens – form your new business for you in a way that will help your dream become a well protected reality.
Important Terms and Conditions:
- By purchasing this service, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
- In addition to the legal fees above, we will collect a refundable deposit of $500. This deposit is due before we begin work. We will use the deposit to pay government filing fees incurred on your behalf. Any portion of the deposit not spent on filing fees will be refunded to you at the completion of work. In some cases, the deposit does not cover all filing fees, in which case you agree to make additional deposits as required to cover all such fees.
- For businesses based in CA: Flat fees for the work described herein are earned as work on the matter is completed, in the amounts that would have been earned had the work been performed hourly, or in proportion to the percentage of the entire project completed, whichever is more. Flat fees will be deposited in the firm’s trust account held in Washington until such time as they are earned.
- For all other businesses: Flat fees for the work described herein are due prior to beginning work, and are earned immediately on receipt and will not be placed into a trust account. This does not alter your right to terminate the attorney-client relationship, and if the relationship is terminated, you may be entitled to a refund in whole or in part if the agreed-upon legal services have not been completed. To calculate whether a refund is owed, we will calculate fees earned on the basis of hourly rates in effect at the time the work was performed.
- Posted pricing is the starting price and based on several assumptions about the scope and complexity of the project. Prior to beginning work, we will evaluate your project and confirm pricing. If your pricing is higher and you do not agree to revised pricing, then any fees paid will be refunded to you.