Whether you’re a general contractor, trade contractor, or property owner, a strong construction contract is key to protecting your investment. Our custom drafted construction projects are great for projects up to $1M.
We have over 15 years of experience writing and litigating construction contracts, so we know where the problems arise and how to make the best contract for you. As a contractor, protect your business with strong construction contracts. As a building owner, protect your property and your investment with clear construction standards and pricing. We’ve used our years of experience in construction to create this Contractor-General Contractor Agreement specifically designed to protect both parties through a clear set of mutually agreed upon terms.
What will my contract include?
Well, all of our contracts are fully custom, so it’ll include the terms critical to protecting your investment. We’ll discuss your project, your business, and your goals to make sure our agreement provides the legal protection your investment deserves.
How long will it take?
Our standard turnaround time is two weeks. That means you should have your first draft in hand within two weeks. We know that sometimes you need your contract faster, so we’ve also made a one-week rush option available; be sure to select “Rush” at checkout.
Why Choose Skepsis Legal?
- Upfront costs. Effectively budget for the legal services you need when forming your business.
- Solid investment. Avoid unexpected legal problems by partnering with us to watch your back.
- Strategic legal partner. Make your business the asset it should be rather than the liability it can become.
- Proven Construction Experience. We’ve written and negotiated construction contracts worth over $200M, and we’ve litigated (and recovered for our clients) almost as much. We’ve negotiated construction contracts with the Seattle Seahawks, Amazon, national REITs, and more. Our construction experience can’t be beat.
What else do I need to know? (The Fine Print.)
- At Skepsis, we provide legal services for companies operating in ID, WA, OR, CA, and IA.
- For businesses based out of CA: Flat fees for the work described herein are earned as work on the matter is completed, in the amounts that would have been earned had the work been performed hourly, or in proportion to the percentage of the entire project completed, whichever is more. Flat fees will be deposited in the firm’s trust account held in Washington until such time as they are earned.
- For all other businesses: Flat fees for the work described herein are due prior to beginning work, and are earned immediately on receipt and will not be placed into a trust account. This does not alter your right to terminate the attorney-client relationship, and if the relationship is terminated, you may be entitled to a refund in whole or in part if the agreed-upon legal services have not been completed. To calculate whether a refund is owed, we will calculate fees earned on the basis of hourly rates in effect at the time the work was performed.
- Posted pricing is the starting price and based on several assumptions about the scope and complexity of the project. Prior to beginning work, we will evaluate your project and confirm pricing. If your pricing is higher and you do not agree, then any fees paid will be refunded to you.